The LA Street Summit 2010
Posted on 06/03 at 11:53 AM by Ashton
The L.A. Street Summit brought together community-based groups, activists, government officials, business leaders, students and resarchers with diverse but interconnected challenges focused on making streets safer streets for cyclists and pedestrians, ecological sustainability, food security, green jobs, social and environmental justice. Between 300-500 people participated in a full day of workshops designed for knowledge networking and action research geared to improving quality of life and place in the LA metropolitan region.
Links to the articles below were copied from the LA Street Summit Archive page. Click here for more of their archived content including audio and video files: LA Street Summit web site.
- A New Route to a Better L.A. (Huffington Post)
- Sadik-Khan Packs the House, Then Brings It Down (L.A. Streetsblog)
- NYC Commissioner Says L.A. Should Quickly Move on Transportation Pilot Programs (LAist)
- Carless Streets and Creative Thinking: What LA Can Learn from NYC (Curbed LA)
- Why StreetSummit was just the 2nd most inspiring thing I saw this weekend (BikingInLA)
- L.A. Street Summit, The Time Is Now, Let’s Kick Some Ass (Gary Rides Bikes)
- Janette Sadik-Khan on Changing the Transportation Game (Urbanophile)
L.A. StreetSummit 2010
Where: LA Trade Tech College
Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010
Time: 10:30 am - 5 pm
No files have been added to this convergence